Thursday, October 15, 2009

Double Chocolate Brownies

Today I am not feeling very inspired, however I am craving chocolate brownies. We have a favorite brownie recipe in our family that is chewy and chocolaty as all brownies should be. The secret to brownies is not to over bake them—though they may still be edible if you need an immediate chocolate fix.


It has been many years since I actually made a single batch of these brownies because even though many of my kids have left home to wander out on their own, brownies are always a good “share with your neighbor” item.


This is another recipe from my fond memories of Indiana. My friend, Nanette, was so fun! She was quite an amazing person, so every time I make these brownies I think of her fondly. And so we are back to the real enjoyment of the food is the associations with the people we love (see the first post).



Double Chocolate Brownies

Nanette



For quite sometime, these were THE brownies we ALWAYS used. We usually doubled the recipe and baked them in the VERY large restaurant size pan. My oldest daughter honed these to perfection and could make them quickly and they always came out perfect.



2 c. sugar

1 c. oil or butter (I always use oil)

1/2 c. cocoa

4 eggs

1 ½ c. flour

2 T. vanilla

1 t. salt

12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips



Mix together in order listed. Put in greased 9”x 13” pan. Bake @ 350° for 20 minutes. Do NOT over bake!



What I Do: I use 1/2 the chips but you MUST use some chips in this recipe or it doesn’t turn out as good.

No comments: